로고

천도교
로그인 회원가입

The "My Mind Party"(Osimdang, 吾心黨) Secret Fraternity > 천도교개관(영문)

회원메뉴

쇼핑몰 검색

• 천도교
  • 천도교개관(영문)
  • 천도교

ABOUT CHONDOGYO

페이지 정보

본문

The "My Mind Party"(Osimdang, 吾心黨) Secret Fraternity

After the Samil Independence Movement Chondogyo was actively organized and participated in so-called secret societies. The most representative examples of such a secret society was the My Mind Party and Revered Teacher Chunam's "Muin Prayer for the Destruction of Japan?movement.
        Following the Samil Movement the main Chondogyo leaders were imprisoned, and most activities had come to a standstill. At this time some young Chondogyo members formed the Chondogyo Youth Indoctrination Division and other groups like it, and their activities rapidly spread and grew in intensity. However, this fraternity was hit by dissension and fell into disarray. During the maelstrom that was the 64th year of Podeok(1923) the ?ot Not Party?Bul-buldang, 不不黨) was formed in mid-June with the purpose of bringing unity to the youth leadership. Later, in the 70th year of Podeok(1929) the Not Not Party joined with the My Mind Party whose organization was centered in Pyeongyang, assuming its name in the process.
        The My Mind Party, having been linked in this way, sent many of its leaders to such countries as the Soviet Union, China, and Japan in order to inspect and analyze the world situation from a broader perspective, with the nucleus of the leadership specializing in economics, society, and Chinese Communist Party and the Nationalist Chinese Kuomintang party. As a result, predicting a economic and political crisis for Japan during the 76th and 77th years of Podeok(1935~1936), they started to plan for sweeping demonstrations at that time.
        Members of the My Mind Party united with devotees of church throughout the country, placing special emphasis on carrying out their duties in absolute secrecy, sharing the burden of donating funds towards the effort, and living in strict accordance with one's faith.
        However, in the eighth month of the 75th year of Podeok, under circumstances not clearly understood, Japanese police stumbled upon a discovery in Anju. Subsequently, after conducting a secret investigation, they began to make sweeping arrests beginning from the nineteenth day of the ninth month. Within three days they had taken 230 people into custody. Later, in consideration of international opinion, Japan released all but 71, whom they kept for further questioning. However, after conducting a three-month long investigation, on the twentieth day of the twelfth month, Japan, still sensitive to negative international opinion regarding Korean independence, they took the special measure of releasing the remaining seventy-one on their own recognizance.
        As a Chondogyo secret society, the My Mind Party managed to maintain strong unity over a period of eleven years. It is regarded therefore, as having made a major contribution to the youth groups and their various activities during that period and by guiding them in flawless, unassailable unity. Although discovered before realizing its plans for an independence movement, the My Mind Party is highly regarded for having carried forward the spirit of the Gabo Donghak Revolution and the Samil Movement and for its spirited resistance to Japan, strength of organization, and exacting preparedness.